Friday, March 19

Chapter 133: Tymps (The Sick In The Head Song)

Okay, so it is actually Friday morning, but this is the blog for Thursday night. I’m going to keep it brief because I basically feel like shit. That is the reason why I didn’t write last night – as much as I may feel like shit right now, I felt even worse last night. It all started when I woke up yesterday morning. I woke up at 8:30am, a whole hour later than usual. I actually woke up when my alarm went off at 7:30am, but fell back to sleep and woke up twice more in that hour time. I wasn’t sure what was wrong but I just couldn’t drag myself out of bed. When I finally did, I was really rushed to get dressed and ready for work. Obviously, there was no workout time or time for much of anything, really. I did wind up doing the Adam Lambert makeup look I mentioned in Wednesday’s blog, though, and it came out looking really cute with silver, purple and black. Despite looking cute, though, I felt like shit. You know how sometimes you’ll wake up and feel really groggy and achy and just generally funky. Well, I woke up with that feeling yesterday and it never went away all day. I knew this meant trouble, because when I was sick last month that was how it all began, as well. By the time I got home, I felt pretty horrible. As soon as I got in the house, I lied down in my bed and fell asleep, still fully dressed, makeup and all. I woke up shortly before 8pm when my Mom was set to get off and the first thing I noticed when I woke up was a severe pain in my stomach, exactly like what my Mom had described having earlier this week. I stayed in bed for a while until I heard from my Mom, who decided to go to Chick-Fil-A and get some soup in hopes that this would be something easy on my stomach. It was a strange sensation I had in my stomach, though. It was not like normal stomach pains, but like cramping. It was really painful. Then the diarrhea came – I know, not a pleasant topic to discuss and not one I will go into further details on but it was there. When I was lying down I felt kind of okay, but anytime I sat up the pain became really extreme. Eating the soup was a terrible idea, as well, because it basically felt like my stomach caught fire as soon as I did eat it. I can’t remember the last time I was in as much pain as I was last night – it was ridiculous and horrible. I finally managed to fall asleep around 12am, but then woke up at 1:05am, as well as a couple of other times having to go to the bathroom before finally getting up at 6:30am and feeling wide awake. This morning I have felt considerably better than I did last night, but I am still in pain and doing the simplest tasks, like getting up to walk to the bathroom or the kitchen or anything, leave me feeling completely worn out. Even sitting at the computer typing this is proving pretty difficult. I am having trouble focusing on anything. So, I called in sick to work today. It sucks, but I would not be able to function there today. I’m barely able to function here and have spent the morning watching random TV from the past week on the DVR. Like I said, as long as I’m not moving or doing much of anything I feel considerably better than I did yesterday. I still don’t feel good, though. So, the plan for today is basically to lay on the couch and catch up on TV shows and make my best attempt to not move too much. I have a couple of movies on the DVR that could help to pass the time, including “Last Days,” the film based on the life of Kurt Cobain, starring Michael Pitt, as well as “About A Son,” which is more of a documentary on Kurt Cobain. Those should be interesting, I think. I have always connected with Kurt Cobain in a lot of ways and have always felt it was an extreme shame that he left us so early in his life. Who knows what he could have accomplished had he lived longer. Anyway, I am feeling really shitty and need to go lay down again. Hopefully, I will be feeling well enough to write a full-length blog tonight. Also, hopefully I will be feeling well enough to join in on Nate’s BlogTV show tonight. We’ll see, I suppose. For now, though, I need to go lay down.

No comments:

Post a Comment