Tuesday, September 21

Chapter 319: Destiny Is Mine (Matt Moss' Vidon Remix)

Today was a pretty good day. Nothing too out of the ordinary took place, really, but I was in a good mood for pretty much the entire day and that alone constitutes a good day. I woke up this morning when my alarm went off at 5:45am and did all the normal stuff I do every morning. I watched last night’s episode of “Mel B: It’s A Scary World” while I ate breakfast. Let me just take a moment to say how much I love the fact that I have one of the Spice Girls on my TV regularly now. Sure, I would have probably preferred it be “Geri: It’s A Ginger World” or “Victoria: It’s A Posh World,” but Melanie B has proven herself very fun, endearing and entertaining. I just wish they would work together again. Victoria Beckham was on “The View” last week showcasing some of the pieces from Fall Fashion Week, which were really awesome, and Barbara Walters asked her, “Will we ever see you perform again?” Victoria’s answer to this question broke my little Spice fanatic heart – she said, “I don’t think so. I was never that good at it, anyway.” Oh, the sorrow I felt. I loved her work as a solo artist. Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem that many other people did because she simply did not sell a lot of records and sold even less after several attempts to re-work her sound and having two different versions of a sophomore album get shelved. It’s really a shame, too, because large portions of the sessions for both of those sophomore albums leaked and I think either one of them was well worth getting an actual release. That girl is brilliant. It’s all just such a shame.

Anyway, I did a pretty simple, toned-down makeup look today. I was attempting to recreate the look that Julia Roberts wears in the commercials and print ads she did for Lancome Definicils Precious Cells Mascara. It’s a very simple two-shadow look, simply using a flesh-toned shade with a bit of shimmer to it and a black shade to create a little bit of a smoky effect. It came out really well, except that I realized shortly after I got to work that I had gotten caught up in doing my lips and left out the most important part of the eye look – the mascara! I noticed this right away with my first look into the mirror once I got to work because I felt like the lack of mascara made my eyes look a little more closed than they already do naturally and made me look like I was high or something. It annoyed me every time I stopped and thought about it throughout the day but not enough to ruin my good spirits. I did a good deal of drawing at work today, which went pretty well and I turned out some stuff that I was pretty happy with. I spent the bulk of the day, though, just dicking around and joking with the people who sit around me. It was a pretty light-hearted workday, all in all. Nothing extremely positive but nothing overly negative, either. It was one of those days that would have been just kind of “there” had I not been in such a good mood.

When I got home this evening, I found a package in the mail for me. Actually, I found two. One was from Amazon, which was the Complete First Season of “Glee,” which was really exciting because I am obsessed with that show and it just further fueled my excitement for tomorrow night’s premiere of the second season. I am really excited, particularly considering the new music from the premiere episode leaked over the weekend and is completely brilliant – a couple of the best songs the show has done so far! In particular, I am really excited by the fact that they have Lea Michele, who instantly improves upon any song she ever sings, singing one of my absolute favorite songs of all-time, “What I Did For Love,” from “A Chorus Line.” Seriously, I don’t know that I will ever be able to listen to another version of that song again – she just does it so beautifully. They also have a couple of songs including the new cast member, who I am very excited to see, Charice. She gets a solo on the song “Listen” from “Dreamgirls,” and duets with Lea Michele on Lady Gaga’s brilliant single “Telephone.” I am just really excited for the show to come back and, even more, I am really excited for next week’s all Britney Spears episode, with a cameo from Britney herself!

The other thing I found in the mail was the Stila One Step Makeup I had ordered on Friday – it was already here today! That was extremely quick shipping. I decided to experiment a bit with this product this evening in order to find out how it works and such before trying to wear it out in public or anything. It came out looking a little ridiculous on me. After watching a few different videos about it on YouTube, I have realized that I was applying it incorrectly and using way too much, so I am going to give it a try again tomorrow to see how it works out then. I also hadn’t really prepped my skin in any way beforehand, so I’m sure that affected the way it came out, as well. I am excited to see how it goes. Included in the package with this, though, was a free gift – a Stila “It Gloss” in Smashing, which is a gorgeous, sparkly pink color. It was kind of perfect because after buying the Revlon Just Bitten lip stain in Passion the other day, (the one I featured in Friday night’s video blog,) I kept thinking that I needed a really good bright pink lip gloss to wear over it and this one just kind of fell into my lap and worked absolutely perfectly with the stain. It looks gorgeous and has me all excited to rock some bright, hot pink lips tomorrow. It is further evidence of “The Secret” at work in my life. Still, “The Secret” keeps working for me in these really small ways – I need to figure out how to gather up all of my energy into making it work for me in a big way.

Speaking of which, I have developed a little bit of a dilemma. The boy I have been talking about here so much, (the first one,) whom I had decided was just a friend, has started doing a lot of little things recently that are making me think all kinds of crazy things about him – crazy things like, “Hey, maybe this could work out,” or “Maybe he DOES want me.” Bad news thoughts… or are they? Ugh, fuck all of that talk. I need to just focus on finding the right boy for me, like I have been saying for so long now. I need to just do it. If he is the right boy for me, he will show it to me. If it is meant to be, he will give me some sort of signal. If he doesn’t, the Universe will. The Universe has never led me in the wrong direction. In fact, any time I have wound up going in the wrong direction it has been because I have taken my eyes off of the signs the Universe has laid out for me and have allowed myself to follow along with the over-analytical thought processes in my head. So, I need to simply calm myself down and allow the Universe to do what it needs to do in order to get me to where I want to be to meet the one for me. In the meantime, I just need to have a good time and keep myself in good moods like the one I was in today. I just need to remind myself that I am looking for the perfect boy for me and that he will show himself when the time is right. In the meantime, I am having fun. So, fuck stressing myself out about anything any of these silly boys do until I know for sure that they are the boy that I am meant to be with. On that note, it is after midnight and I really need to get to bed. Day two of Week two of this whole “four-days-in-a-row” thing. I am feeling considerably more optimistic about it this week than last week. Like I said in last night’s blog, I just have this feeling that it is going to be a good week. Therefore, it IS going to be a good week. Fun times will be had by all… or, at least, by me. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment